More information for you, Noah:
The purpose of the whale watching data is to see the daily trades of crypto whales.
- Whales identified by Whalestats.com
- Token holdings identified by Moralis.io
- We are currently showing the # of each tokens held and trades made within last 24 hours
- Trades: An “increase” means they added. A “decrease” means they reduced the # of tokens
- You can always find the whales by clicking “Whale Watching” on the menu bar
- Yes! This is an early beta! We are aware it is a MVP…building from here!
Roadmap: You tell us! What data do you want to see?
- Show changes over more than just a 24 hour period
- Filter the data to show the most important trades
- Show the $ value of each token held
- Track who is staking/DeFi’ing what. This is actually visible and extremely eye opening.
- Alerts! Be alerted by email whenever specific changes occur
- Whale NFT holdings
- Yes, I am aware of some significant challenges with this project. Among them:
- How do we know for a fact what type of transaction is taking place (i.e. buy/sell vs. transfer)
- How can we improve the UX to make it useful to casual observers (key niche, not currently being served well)
- Can we get more granular with buy/sell data, and show not just 24 hour change data
- And many many more! These challenges are actually a great way for us to add value and why this is a GOOD business to be in!
- Thanks for asking for it on your video blog Noah! I am full steam ahead!
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions & requests